Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Hello? Roadrunner? FUCK YOU!

I've had such an action packed week so far. My PS2 memory card finally comes (which means I can play MGS3 and turn my PS2 off! :D) and I find out a piece of golden information. DragonForce, the Power Metal band we all know and love, have signed up to Roadrunner Records. You know RR, right? They're the fuckers who mass produce every genre of music ever to glance at them. Oh fucking joy. Mainstream power metal here we come!

I really can't wait for them to come to Newcastle, I really can't. I'm going to kick their arses from one side of the university to the other. Jesus... I can see it now. 12 year olds running around fondling their testicles talking about dragons and swords... Blind Guardian, Stratovarious, Manowar... they'll all loose their touch. Joey Demaio is going to take one look at Manowar and say "Gone".

For people who dislike or don't know much about power metal, won't see this as a big deal. Those of you who like metal and such, listen closely. Remember when Slipknot came out? Remember what they started? The breed of people screaming into microphones and trying to shock their fanbase? Yeah... think of that with the power scene. Then came the Emos! Allow me to say this for everybody.

Fuck you, Avenged Sevenfold. Fuck you.

Avenged began dressing up as a new breed of 'Goths'. Tight clothes and shorter hair, usually swept across one eye. What happened? A bunch of prats thought it looked good and started dressing like that. Now we have the Emos. I don't think I can actually consider the effects of a full scale Power invasion... at the moment it's probably the purest metal out there. If you're in a Power band you know that the possibility of making money fast is scarce. DragonForce? They got lucky. Very few Power bands (unless it's a side project) make a lot of money at all. Now it's gonna be the new 'in thing'.

I hope that DragonForce will be rejected from the mainstream crowd, power metal is my main choice of music, I don't think I could take the 12 year olds masturbating over some of the best music ever to be created (I said some of, you elitest fucktards.). Dear god, the thought of it is terrifying... I've seen young kids wearing Sonata Arctica (Winterhearts Guild, surprisingly enough.) shirts and they've always been nice enough... however I hate it when they come up to me and say "WTF DIS WUS TEH 1ST ALBUM!" which has happened... numerous times.

I have a solution to the mess which may occur due to DragonForce's stupid mistake. You like Power Metal? To quote another Power band (not any power band. The father of power metal bands):

Brothers, I am calling from the valley of the kings... with nothing to atone.
A dark march lies ahead, together we will ride... like thunder from the sky
May your sword stay wet, like a young girl in her prime.
Hold your hammers high
!

And just to make sure I've got the point across:

Every one of us has heard the call!
Brothers of True Metal, proud and standing tall!
We know the power within us has brought us to this hall!
There's magic in the metal! There's magic in us all!

Heavy metal! (Or no metal at all!)
Whimps and posers? Leave the hall!
Heavy metal! (Or no metal at all!)
Whimps and posers go on get out! (Leave the hall!)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Manowar are heavy metal, but I agree with you. Overall the fathers of power metal did come from heavy and stuff though. Iron Maiden, King Crimson and some other guys helped start it off.

6:03 pm  
Blogger Thump said...

Sorry,I was talking about the lyrics more than the vocals and instruments. I should have made it a bit clearer, sorry.

7:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home