Monday, July 02, 2007

A serious moment, if I may (Part 3). (23/06/07)

There has been three 'serious' moment installments so far, and one of them really hit me hard. If you don't remember it was because a friend of mine (Who I only ever knew as 'Phonetjah') passed away on my birthday (if memory serves correct). Seeing as I've only just thought of that, it actually upsets me knowing that I celebrated my 18th birthday without so much of a thought about him... looks like I'll be drinking for two tonight.

Yesterday I recieved a phone call from my cousin and recieved some news which has only just sunk in. Somebody I knew on a certain message board passed away on a night out with friends. To what we all know, he was drinking (obviously) and broke out into convulsions. Whether or not he died on the spot or took a while, I don't know, however if it's the latter? I don't want to.

I remember reading his posts and looking up to him on a certain level, he was a funny guy and could win or settle an argument on any condition he willed. I knew him only as "The Zodiac", his real name is "Kyle McMannus". He was 16 and lived in Hartlepool (Just south of Newcastle), a couple of us are planning on going down and putting some flowers and memorabilia on his grave site. It's so sad when I think of how talented he was, he had so many different recordings of his songs (and covers), to think I won't hear his songs again... shit, it hurts.

The even bigger tradgedy to this is that his girlfriend had lost her father (I believe it was) about two month before hand.

I'll update with his memorial page linked shortly, or I may just add him to the affiliates list on the right side of the screen.

R.I.P Zodiac.

Good luck, brother. Valhalla's gates are open ready for your arrival.

NOTE: I only just discovered that Kyle was buried at a Roman Catholic church and that my 'Valhalla' comment may have been offending to him, however I just don't give a shit. I'm Norse and I know he would appreciate that.


Links to anybody who cares to check it out and leave condolences (Please note: This was copied and pasted directly from the message board I spoke of).


http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=23148022
Erie Song, I look up his comments and holy shit.

http://comment.myspace.com/Modules/Comments/Pages/ViewComments.aspx?%3ffuseaction=user.viewComments&friendID=23148022
A summary of them, RIP, I miss you, I came to see you today and brought flowers, etc.

http://kyle-matthew-mcmanus.gonetoosoon.co.uk/my_index.php
With the help of some other people found out and confirmed, hes gone :/


I've been meaning to update this for some time but I never found time to get around to it. Now that I know the full story off by heart, we'll discuss this a little better, shall we?

Kyle was not out drinking. In fact, he was playing football with friends when he collapsed due to a brain haemorrhage. I don't know the grisly details, and to be honest I don't particularly care much to know.

We celebrated the year of his death not long ago, and since his death there has been a charity set up by his parents in Kyle's name (website, MySpace) to which my project (The Minstrel) is an active support of. I would greatly appreciate it if you spread word (or even better, donate) of Red Dreams in order to help them along, they are after all a charity group and any help is readily accepted and massively appreciated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home