Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Dear diary, mood: Apathetic

So I've been told that I'm a geek. So naturally I come running to my brand new blog. I'm sure this falls under the definition of "irony" but I'm too tired to check it up.

"Hey Thump." he said. "Hey." said I. "What are you actually doing up? It's 9am... you're not due up for another 5 hours at least..." he mocked. Typical. Because I don't have a job I've got to get up early? Typical. "I've been up all night. Learning TCL now." replied your ever loving narrator. "TCL? Another programming language? You know like eight of them already..." my dear friend typed. "No, I only know four. PHP, HTML, Python and now I'm learning TCL. However I need to learn C, C++ and Lua, though." I replied. Hah! That only comes to seven! "I thought you knew XHTML..?" He attempted to outwit me! How dare he! "Well, yeah, but XHTML is exactly the same as HTML only you have to capitalise the tags and close everything else off in the correct order." 'this calls for a celebration!' I thought. "Got any computers to fix today?" obviously concerned. "A couple but they're in my area. Probably just more kids forgetting that the computer doesn't support DDRAM". Once again, I outwitted him. Then he hit me with a bombshell. How could I ever live my life knowing exactly what I've been telling people? "Damn... dude, I'm telling you this as a friend. Get out of the house and away from any computers... you run your social life from the internet and you know computers intimately... I'm beginning to worry about you... you're turning into a geek..." Beg your pardon? I'm turning into a geek? "I wouldn't say that..." I replied. I know I'm not a geek. I'm too hardcore. I'm the man. "Okay, I'll take it back," thank you. "You are a geek. See your tomorrow." then he went offline.

How could I possibly carry on... I know people think of me as a "geek". I mean, I only sit at home venturing outdoors only to go to the next fucktards who tried to overclock his computer (and melted the entire system, I might add) house... but it's money... isn't it? Or maybe that's what he's trying to get at. I do nothing but learn new programming languages day in, day out, playing games, day in, day out. Maybe he's right. Maybe I am a pasty white, skinny kid. Damn... I'm a pasty, skinny geek. But I'm one hell of a fucking geek. If I'm to live up to this new title I must practice!

Quickly! TO THE MATHMOBILE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home